The Journey to My Love of Running...and the joys of motherhood, marriage, and nursing!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Hit a rough patch...

So for a while now I haven't had the time or the energy to get out and run even though I know that it is good for me. I started school again in August and decided to take 3 classes (like a crazy person) so that I could catch up and start my FNP role option. So, I had to let something go... I have to go to work and be a nurse, I am a mommy 24/7, I am a wife, I have to make dinner, clean the house, and do my school work at night after baths and bed time stories. So, what had to give? Well, my running.

Running I have found is something that I do that is just for ME. It is my quiet, personal time where I get to focus on doing something positive for not only my physical being but also my spiritual and emotional being as well. My runs outdoors have been some of the most insightful and spiritual moments that I have had. So, when I had to make a choice of something to give up so that I could focus on all of the other things that I have going on in my life, running was it.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) for me that wasn't a good choice. I have found that without running my energy is low and I get depressed. When I run it gives me the motivation that I need to kick things into gear and keep moving. I have started running again the past two days (after a much needed battery recharger weekend) and I feel GREAT! I am taking it slow so that I don't hurt myself before I get started, but I am feeling so much better.

I think that I need to be selfish once in awhile and do something that is just for ME without feeling guilty about it. I have realized that if I don't, I am not helping my children, my hubby, or my job performance because I am not balanced. Now, I just need to figure out how to fit everything into a 24 hour period! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment