The Journey to My Love of Running...and the joys of motherhood, marriage, and nursing!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oh... The Joys of Motherhood!

Today was an interesting day! I made it to work after feeling under the weather for the past two days and was finally starting to get into my routine after being out of the office for a few days. An hour before lunch, the kids preschool number comes up on the caller ID at work... Oh no, I am thinking! Nico is sick again. :( Oh, the joys of motherhood!

But, to my surprise, it is Alyssa who isn't feeling well. She doesn't have a fever, she is acting fine... but, she is complaining of a tummy ache. My poor baby girl never complains about not feeling well, so something must be wrong. When I got to her school she was laying on the couch in the office waiting for me to come and all she said was, "Mommy can I go home and rest on the couch?" Poor thing! Of course she can!!! So, despite my best efforts to get to work and back to my normal routine, motherhood calls! And there is no place else I would rather be!!!

After a few hours of resting on the couch (as previously requested) I could tell that the kids were feeling a little anxious and needed some air. I have been attempting to get out of the house to get a run in without success all week, so what better day? After loading the kids in their double jogging stroller, goldfish, gummies, and water in each little hand we headed off.

It was a good run today. A little hot (80 degrees and only the beginning of the hot Bakersfield summers to come), but we managed to run 4 miles before Nico started pulling Alyssa's hair! LOL! Oh...The joys of motherhood...

No comments:

Post a Comment